Two face-to-face workshops are organized each year to provide members with an opportunity to network, learn, and share ideas. The workshops are focused on current high-interest topics in educational technology, teaching and learning.
ETUG Fall Workshops are typically held the first Friday in November. They are a 1-2 day program with a single stream of presenters. During the Fall, a pub night social is also organized for members to network in an informal setting.
ETUG Spring Workshops are typically held on Thursday and Friday during the first week of June. These workshops are a 2 day program of concurrent sessions. ETUG Spring workshops focus on hands-on labs. A welcome pub night on the Wednesday evening prior to the workshop and an evening dinner are also part of the Spring workshop program to provide ample time for networking.
ETUG workshops are held at post-secondary campuses throughout BC or at a convenient location in the Lower Mainland. If you are interested in hosting a workshop at your institution, let us know!
Spring Workshop 2014
“20/20: Reflecting on the Past; Looking to the Future”
Langara College, Vancouver, BC
June 12 – 13
Pub Night, June 11th
Location: Lulu’s Lounge at The River Rock
- [ETUG Spring Workshop 2014] Summary Feedback
- Reflections on the Spring Workshop 2014
- [Spring Workshop 2014] Keynote and Facilitators
- [Spring Workshop 2014] Schedule
- [Spring Workshop 2014] Accommodations
- [Spring Workshop 2014] Registration
- [Spring Workshop 2014] Call for Proposal Open
Fall Workshop 2013
“Royal Crossroads: Avenues for Quality”, Royal Roads University (RRU)
Have a question or want to connect with others going to the ETUG Fall Workshop? Go to the ETUG community space in SCoPE.
- [Fall Workshop 2013] Resources List
- [Fall workshop 2013] Summary Feedback
- [Fall Workshop 2013] Keynote and Facilitators
- [Fall Workshop 2013] Schedule
- Wanna Talk about it ETUG?
- [Fall Workshop 2013] Keynote Dr. George Veletsianos
- [Fall Workshop 2013] Registration
- [Fall Workshop 2013] Accommodations
- [Fall Workshop 2013] Hold the Date!
- [Fall Workshop 2013] Call for Proposal Open
Spring Workshop 2013
“Tell It on The Mountain”, SFU Burnaby
June 6th and 7th
Join the discussion on CrowdVine
- [Spring Workshop 2014] Hold the Dates!
- [Spring Workshop 2013] Summary Feedback
- [Spring Workshop 2013] ETUG 106 Radio
- [Spring Workshop 2013] Resource List
- [Spring Workshop 2013] Meet you on Crowdvine!
- [Spring Workshop 2013] Schedule
- [Spring Workshop 2013] Keynote and Facilitators
- [Spring Workshop 2013] Registration
- [Spring Workshop 2013] Accommodation
- [Spring Workshop 2013] Keynote Nancy White
- Last Call for ETUG Spring Proposals!
- [Spring Workshop 2013] Call for Proposals Open
- [Spring Workshop 2013] – Hold the Dates!
Fall Workshop 2012
“Learning Spaces, Spaces to Learn”, BCIT Downtown
- [Fall 2012 Workshop] Resource List
- [Fall Workshop 2012] Summary Feedback
- [Fall Workshop 2012] Facilitators
Spring Workshop 2012
“Innovation: What’s on Your Horizon?”, VCC Downtown
- [Spring Workshop 2012] Videos
- [Spring Workshop 2012] Resource List
- [Spring Workshop 2012] Participant List
Fall Workshop 2011
“You Are Here: Supporting Mindful Journeys in our Practice”, Kwantlen Polytechnic University, Richmond, BC
- [Fall workshop 2011] Summary Feedback
- [Fall Workshop 2011] Videos
- [Fall Workshop 2011] Participant List
Spring Workshop 2011
“Open4Learning”, Nelson, BC
- [Spring Workshop 2011] Videos
- [Spring Workshop 2011] On the “value” of Open
- [Spring Workshop 2011] Open Keynote
Fall Workshop 2010
“Stop Tugging and Start Bridging”, Inn at the Quay, New Westminster
Spring Workshop 2010
“3 Cups of T: Teaching, Technology, Transformation”, University of Victoria, Victoria
Fall Workshop 2009
“Learning Design”, SFU Segal School of Business, Vancouver
Spring Workshop 2009
“From Implementation to Innovation”, Canadian E-learning Conference 2009, UBC, Point Grey, Vancouver – presented in partnership with the Canadian E-learning conference group and BCcampus to mark the 15th Anniversary of BC ETUG
Fall Workshop 2008
“Learning on the Edge: Exploring our Boundaries”, Vancouver Island University, Nanaimo
Spring Workshop 2008
“Creativity”, Emily Carr University, Granville Island, Vancouver
Fall Workshop 2007
“Web 2.0: Whats, Whys and Hows”, BCIT Downtown
Spring Workshop 2007
“Running the Rivers”, Thompson Rivers University, Kamloops
Fall Workshop 2006
“Tales from the Trenches”, BCIT Downtown
Spring Workshop 2006
“Open and on the Move”, North Island College, Comox