THEME: LEARNING DESIGN
Check out what we did by going to the ETUG Workshop cloud in Cloudworks and our photos in Flickr: #etugdesign
This year we were very pleased to present an expanded 2 day program for the ETUG Fall workshop.
Day 1: Grainne Conole from the Open University, UK, helped participants explore Compendium LD and Cloudworks – tools developed by the Open University Learning Design Initiativeto help educators with the design process and sharing of design methods and approaches.
Day 2: Grainne gave the opening plenary which was followed by an exciting lineup of speakers on the following topics:
- Collaborative learning models – Tannis Morgan and Amanda Coolidge, BCIT
- Learning space design – Justin Marples, UBC and Alyssa Wise, SFU
- Large scale learning design – Karen Belfer, VCC
- Designing for engagement – Denise Withers and Esther Hsu, UBC
Also at the workshop:
- Information about the BC Innovation Awards in Educational Technology
- Institutional updates from ETUG members around BC
- Pub Social Tuesday night:(no host event) at the St. Regis Bar & Grill Regis Room. We connected with ETUG colleagues old and new!
- Induction of Member Emeritus: Randy Bruce