When: 12 Noon (PDT) Tuesday, April 16, 2013
Where: T.E.L.L. sessions are held in the ETUG Blackboard Collaborate Room
Who: Linda Apps is an educational consultant that has worked as Lecturer at Simon Fraser University and over a decade in industry as a Learning Performance Specialist in the field of adult learning and development. Linda’s areas of expertise include writing intensive learning, artistic process, online learning, presentation skills, simulations, and multimedia. For more information, go to www.lindapps.com
Why: Lunch n’ Learn sessions are opportunities to learn together about current topics of interest to educational practitioners. Participants are encouraged to remix and repurpose materials used in these sessions for use at their own institutions. There is no charge or registration required. Grab your lunch and join us!
Session Description: Creating a Professional Conference Poster
- Access to available resource materials on the mechanics of poster construction. This includes access to 4 YouTube videos on basic PPT functions used to construct a poster and templates.
- Discussion of organization and visual and textual considerations using samples of student poster.
- Discussion of common challenges and tips for teachers assigning a poster activity.
This presentation will benefit anyone interested in making a professional poster (instructors or students) or instructors who wish to have their students present an poster as an assignment.
Participating in T.E.L.L. sessions:
- No need to register for the session.
- For assistance with using Blackboard Collaborate, Check this resource.
- Join the webinars at least 5 minutes prior to the start time.
- Enter your full name when prompted and your institution/organization.
- Bring your lunch!