Publications Specialist/Trainer researches, writes, edits, designs and maintains informational and instructional print and electronic documentation for CEIT and for College use while providing exceptional client-centered service on a consistent basis to all stakeholder groups.
– To research, write, edit, and design page layout for a wide range of instructional and informational documents.
– To design educational and informational material.
– To develop and present workshops and individualized instruction to employees.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need:
1. Excellent working knowledge of the English Language (written and verbal).
2. Completion of a Print Futures Diploma or equivalent professional writing diploma or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
3. Excellent knowledge of print and electronic media production techniques, desktop publishing, web, and content management applications.
4. Proven research and interviewing skills.
5. Familiarity with content creation and maintenance using “Web 2.0” tools such as blogs, forums and Twitter feeds.
6. Familiarity with high-volume prepress requirements and also able to manage low-volume inhouse print jobs on large format printers.
7. A high level of expertise in the use of a variety of software applications including, but not limited to, WordPress, MS Office (Word & Excel), Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and DreamWeaver.
8. Demonstrated ability to keyboard 30 w.p.m. accurately together with a good working knowledge of modern office practices and procedures including the use of standard forms of business communications such as memoranda, minutes of meetings, etc.
9. Ability to develop and implement communications plans for projects.
10. Ability to work with a minimum of direct supervision together with good organizational skills and an ability to establish priorities and achieve deadlines.