[Job Posting] Educational Consultant – SFU
Reporting to the Director of the Teaching and Learning Centre (TLC), the Educational Consultant (EC) functions as a discipline-specific specialist in a collaborative leadership role with faculty designates in one or two Faculties and independently as a designer, co-designer, or project manager on institutional level projects and teaching and education development initiatives for curriculum, program, course, and non-traditional learning activities.
Primary responsibilities include:
(1) teaching and professional development of instructors,
(2) consultation and support services for the development, implementation, and evaluation of learning experiences at the curriculum, program and course levels, and other learning experiences (e.g., customized planning for teaching development activities, co-op, service learning, non-credit),
(3) stewardship of a community “network” and “knowledge base” around teaching and learning at SFU,
(4) being responsive to community needs by developing or leading initiatives to meet those needs, and
(5) developing and participating in strategic initiatives to support the continuous improvement of teaching and learning.
The Educational Consultant also actively contributes to the development of processes and evolution of the TLC and its staff by planning, facilitating and/or participating in professional development, mentorship and coaching.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.