[Spring Workshop 2015] Registration
Registration is now closed. We are SOLD OUT.
ETUG Spring Workshop 2015
Simon Fraser University, Burnaby Mountain campus
Thursday, June 4 & Friday June 5th
Pub night & Craft Beer Tasting Social
Club Ilia (SFU Burnaby campus)
Wednesday, June 3rd (Let’s meet 5:30 pm or there abouts)
Visual Facilitation Meetup, SFU Burnaby campus (Halpern Centre), Wednesday June 3rd, Noon – 4:00 pm. The meetup is free and open to all. Find out more and RSVP your attendance!
We asked, you answered…! ETUG recently surveyed members about their Top 5 educational issues and trends in post secondary education (see: full report). The results inspired the theme of our Spring workshop to invite further reflection and sharing on the high-interest, high-importance topics for people, right now.
Here were your “high-5″:
- Academic Transformation: e.g., disruptive technologies, breakthrough teaching and learning models, innovative organizational and inter-institutional alliances, learning organization, design thinking
- Faculty Development: e.g., rewards, incentives for participation, sharing innovation/best practices, supporting course re-design, effective uses of learning technologies, models of support
- Online + Blended Teaching and Learning: e.g., student engagement, retention strategies, quality assurance, evaluation of impact, business models, innovative course models, strategy behind online/blended learning, MOOCs, etc
- Assessment of Learning: e.g., competency based learning, badging, micro-credentialing, measuring student outcomes, etc
- Evaluating Technology Based Instructional Innovation: e.g., analysis techniques, evaluation of project design, using results to change campus practices, tools and methods to collect data, rubrics and evaluation criteria, etc.
We invite you to join us at the ETUG Spring workshop at SFU Burnaby to share and celebrate the work, research, accomplishments and challenges under the themes from the “ETUG High-5″. Get ready as we gather once more to:
- showcase lessons learned
- display innovative approaches to teaching and learning
- extend learning through inter-institutional and community collaborations
- help each other to build sustainable practice
- share in projects, plans and predictions for the future
$150 + taxes Includes workshop sessions for two days, breakfast, lunch and refreshments for June 4th and 5th. Registration also includes the ETUG Dinner at SFU Diamond Alumni Centre on Thursday June 4h. Guest dinner tickets are available for an additional $40 per guest.
How to Register
Complete the Online Form. Payment for registration fees will be accepted by credit card on-line via a secure server.
All credit card transactions will be processed in Canadian dollars and are subject to current exchange rates.
You will receive an email confirmation of your registration sent to the address provided during registration.Please print out copies of both as these will be your official receipt and confirmation of registration.
Cancellations and Refunds
Full refunds will be granted to cancellations received by the cancellation date of May 21, 2015, midnight. No refunds will be issued after the cancellation date and will be issued after the workshop. Refunds will not be given to no-shows. Substitution is allowed with prior notification.
Photographs & Recordings
Photographs, video and audio recordings will be taken at the ETUG workshop and published on ETUG and BCcampus websites and materials, under the Creative Commons CC BY License. For more details, see BCcampus Open agenda.
If you have questions about registering for the workshop, contact SFU Meeting, Event & Conference Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions about ETUG or the Spring workshop program contact your local ETUG representative or Leva Lee, BCcampus (email@example.com)
For general assistance, please contact Christy Foote, BCcampus (firstname.lastname@example.org)
See you at the Workshop!