This job posting is now closed.
BCIT’s Learning and Teaching Centre is seeking a regular, full time Learning Technology Specialist. This position provides technical support, training and expertise for BCIT students and faculty in the development and delivery of web-based courses using a broad range of educational technologies. The successful candidate will also provide logistical and administrative support for staff and faculty delivering BCIT and external distributed learning courses. The ideal candidate will have experience with helpdesk support in a post-secondary environment, Desire2Learn (D2L), APIs, administration interface, multimedia integration and BB Collaborate. An understanding of the curriculum design process would be an asset.
WHAT THIS POSITION HAS TO OFFER:
- A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a competitive pension plan
- Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development
- Tuition waivers for BCIT courses
- Subsidized parking and fitness facilities
Wellness and Employee Assistance programs
- Diploma of Technology or equivalent.
- Two years general experience plus 2 years recent related (educational technology) experience. Experience coordinating projects with a proven ability to establish priorities, identify tasks, coordinate the activities of project participants and report on the status of a project. Knowledge of the curriculum design process.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to model high quality, customer service orientation in all client interactions (internal and external). Helpdesk/client support and triage/technical problem solving ability. Must be a team player, with the demonstrated ability to work in the dual role of team participant and team leader. Effective training and presentation skills with ability to train adult learners. Demonstrated ability to research, summarize, and present clear and concise data to answer specific questions. Flexible hours may be required.
*Please note: These are the minimum required qualifications. This position is a dayshift position as defined in Article 14.1 of the Collective Agreement.
START DATE: April 15, 2016
SALARY RANGE: Pay Grade 9; $51,205 with yearly increments to $55,628 per annum
COMPETITION NUMBER: 16B30
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
BCIT offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package and promotes an inclusive workplace. BCIT is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If selected for an interview, candidates will be required to present original copies of credentials.
To apply, visit us online at careers.bcit.ca