Coordinator, Educational Technologies – (02084)
Application Restrictions: Open to both Internal and external
Job Type: Faculty (Except Sessional Faculty)
Posting In effect from: 5/6/2017
Closing Application Date: 19/6/2017
Applications will be reviewed commencing the closing application date and may continue until the position is filled.
Faculty Type: Tenure Track
Anticipated Start Date: 1/8/2017
Generally, to provide faculty support in using educational technologies for the development of curriculum and learning opportunities using best practices to advance institutional goals for teaching and learning excellence.
- To communicate best practices and to support professional development (through workshops and seminars) for incorporating or adapting emerging educational technologies (eg. Moodle, Open Educational Resources, blogs, etc.).
- To contribute to strategic planning for maintenance, upgrades, and data integrity of synchronous and asynchronous TRU educational technologies.
- To provide technical support for both faculty professional development and course delivery.
- To collaborate with TRU service units, assisting in the establishment, integration and alignment of blended and online learning solutions (e.g. documenting inputs on use, curriculum requirements for training programs, adapting elements of Universal Learning Design, and supporting means of addressing accessibility barriers in course delivery).
- To research and report on the use of emerging educational technologies to support and advance scholarly teaching and assessment of learning.
- Master’s or PhD in related field (e.g. Educational Technology, Curriculum Development, Distance Education etc.), or a combination of relevant education and experience.
- Two to four years’ post-secondary experience, demonstrating effective presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated understanding and expertise in curricular development and educational technologies.
- Demonstrated expertise with accessible web practices and educational technologies (e.g. Moodle, WordPress, others)
Please Note: If you are selected for interview, External Candidates will be required to bring a copy of their transcripts to the interview
Pay Band: According to TRUFA Salary Schedule
Location: Kamloops, BC CA (Primary)
# of Hires Needed: 2
Organizational Unit: Thompson Rivers University -> Open Learning -> Innovations
Diversity and Inclusion Commitment:
Thompson Rivers University is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, our faculty and its scholarship including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
NOTE: To learn more about living in Kamloops and Thompson Rivers University please visit our Web Site. Living in Kamloops and working at the TRU