[Job Posting] Instructional Designer at TRU Open Learning
Instructional Designer – (02033.25)
Application Restrictions: Open to both Internal and external
Job Type: Sessional Faculty (No RoFR)
Posting In effect from 16/5/2017 To Closing Application Date 31/5/2017
Applications will be reviewed commencing the closing application date and may continue until the position is filled.
Instructional Type Instructional Support (max 1120 hrs)
Anticipated Start Date 5/6/2017 and Position End Date (If Applicable) 1/12/2017
The Instructional Designer reports to the Director, Instructional Design. The Instructional Designer will assume responsibility for the development of Open Learning courses in a variety of subject areas and delivery modes. The Instructional Designer is responsible for the academic integrity of courses and leads course development teams composed of subject matter experts.
The instructional design of Open Learning courses includes liaising with the particular academic areas, hiring subject matter experts, and preparing contracts/agreements. It also includes developing instructional design plans; guiding the development of learning outcomes, course outlines, learning activities, and assessment instruments; monitoring, assessing, revising, and providing constructive feedback on the work of subject matter experts; and working with the media team and graphic artists (both internal and external) along with editorial and intellectual property staff. Skills required include the ability to implement sound instructional design principles, develop instruction to address specific learner profiles, manage multiple projects with their shifting priorities and timelines, write clear instructional material, provide coaching and training, attend to detail, and evaluate and make recommendations regarding instructional design in various modalities. The Instructional Designer is required to complete these projects to TRU-OL quality standards and within agreed upon timelines, budgets, and client specifications.
- Related Master’s degree required; may include—but is not restricted to—Master’s degrees in education, curriculum and instruction, distributed learning, educational technology
- 3-5 years’ demonstrated experience in curriculum design and development based on best practice, including developing instructional design plans and guiding the development of learning outcomes, course outlines, learning activities, and assessment instruments, as well as incorporating appropriate educational technologies
- 3 years’ teaching or training experience, particularly with adult learners in a distance-delivery environment
- Demonstrated team leadership experience
- Superior time management skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects
- Superior written and oral communication skills, including ability to attend to detail in written materials
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with a wide variety of people are required
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently in an electronic workplace is essential
Please Note: If you are selected for interview, External Candidates will be required to bring a copy of their transcripts to the interview
According to TRUFA Salary Schedule
Location: Kamloops, BC CA (Primary)
# of Hires Needed: 1
Organizational Unit: Thompson Rivers University -> Open Learning -> Instructional Design – OL
Diversity and Inclusion Commitment:
Thompson Rivers University is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, our faculty and its scholarship including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
NOTE: To learn more about living in Kamloops and Thompson Rivers University please visit our Web Site. Living in Kamloops and working at the TRU
TO APPLY: SEE https://tru.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/8846