- We are very excited (I mean, really, really, excited) to have Jesse Stommel open the festival and Monique Gray Smith deliver the closing day keynote. For Day 2, we are finalizing the details around a moderated student panel. There will be a lot to think about as we move into sessions each day. Fortunately, there are breaks and quiet spaces built in to the program to allow time for reflection.
- You won’t want to miss the social event on Monday night. Expect an appearance by Dr. Jones and his co-conspirators Amy Burvall and Rajiv Jhangiani (aka ‘thatpsychprof’).
- The schedule is live: https://festivaloflearning2018.sched.com/ . If you’re presenting, or attending, hop in to SCHED to update your profile and start planning your days. Keep in mind that there is still some shifting and sorting going on as we confirm presenters.
- We have a stacked list with almost 200 people registered as presenters and the number of participants is climbing steadily. We’re happy to see some attendees have already signed up for the free child-care.
- Registration is open now, and the while the early bird rate is over, there are still opportunities to get the volunteer rate.
- Don’t forget to book your hotel if you’re travelling. We’ve got a special rate on site at the Pinnacle: https://bccampus.ca/festival-of-learning-2018/travel-and-accommodation/
This isn’t an official announcement, but if you think you have a poster or a demo that would fit the conference theme, we can make space for a few more. Contact me (email@example.com) or Tracy Kelly (Tracy@bccampus.ca) with your proposal.
It seems like a long way away, but spring in Vancouver is just around the corner. Hope to see you there.