The Call for Proposals for the 25th anniversary ETUG conference is now open until April 5, 2019.
Share your knowledge, projects and ideas with the BC post-secondary education technology community at TRU in Kamloops, BC on June 20 & 21st.
Program Theme & Topics
Our overarching conference theme is “Back to the Future” in recognition of our 25th anniversary. Within that, we have 4 streams for you to consider submitting a proposal under.
- Educational Technologies That Have Persisted. This stream explores 25 years of educational technologies or processes that might have seemed radical and innovative at the time, but have persisted and become mainstream.
- People and Technology. This stream explores how technology has creatively disrupted education over the last 25 years and how the roles of instructors, learners and everyone in between has been profoundly impacted.
- Moving Forward: Future Trends. This stream explores forward-thinking approaches to education and educational technology and the incorporation of creativity and innovation as essential components of effective educational technology over the next 25 years.
- Staying the Course. This stream explores committing yourself and/or those you work with to a sustained effort of action over the long-term.
More details on the program topics & subtopics.
Presentation Formats + Rubric for Review of Proposal
This year we are requesting submissions with 4 different formats.
- Participate & Share (either 30 or 60 minutes)
- Explore & Create (60 or 90 minutes)
- Poster Session
- GASTA Lightning Talk (5 minutes)
New to ETUG is the GASTA talk. Borrowed from the Irish Learning Technology Association (ILTA), a Gasta talk is a 5-minute lightning talk designed to be both entertaining and enlightening. The Gasta talks will be grouped into a single plenary session. Here is an example of a Gasta plenary from the 2018 ALT Conference.
The Call for Proposals closes on April 5, 2019.