Here are details from our expanded 2 day program for the ETUG Fall workshop held last year.
Day 1: ETUG Fall Workshop: Learning Design – workshop with Grainne Conole
Tuesday October 20, 9:00 – 3:30 pm
What is learning design? How can we faciliate the learning design process? The Open University Learning Design Initiative is developing a range of tools, methods and approaches to help teachers and developers make more pedagogical informed and effective use of new technologies. In this hands-on session participants will be introduced to:
1) CompendiumLD, a tool for visualizing and guiding the design process, and
2) Cloudworks, a social networking site for sharing learning and teaching ideas.
Participants will consider how these tools, methods, and approaches might be used in their own practice. Bring your own computer.
During this full-day workshop there will be opportunities to work on your own projects individually or in groups. Attendees can bring a project to work on, or choose to work on the ETUG Spring workshop program (including design for the disciplines/online pedagogy for different fields of study).
Day 2: ETUG Fall Workshop: Learning Design
Wednesday October 21, 9:00 – 4:00 pm
Opening plenary – Grainne Conole
- Collaborative learning models – Tannis Morgan, BCIT
- Learning space design – Justin Marples, UBC and Alyssa Wise, SFU
- Large scale learning design – Karen Belfer, VCC
- Designing for engagement – Denise Withers, UBC
Also taking place:
– Institutional Updates on Day 2 of the workshp
– Tuesday night for the ETUG Pub Social at the St. Regis Bar & Grill (Regis Room) from 5:30 – 9:00 pm.