ETUG, The Educational Technology Users Group.
The Educational Technology Users Group (ETUG) is a community of BC post-secondary educational practitioners focused on the ways in which learning and teaching can be enhanced through technology. Our community is diverse and members include:
- post-secondary professional staff (e.g. instructional designers, media developers, technical support)
- instructors and learners
- academic and technology administrators
We are affiliated with our educational colleagues in other sectors and welcome dialogue with the vendor community.
Our core value is a commitment to nurturing a vibrant, innovative, evolving, and supportive community that thrives with the collegial sharing of ideas, resources, and ongoing professional development through face-to-face workshops and online.
As a grassroots group, ETUG has been in existence since 1994. In 2014, we proudly celebrate our 20th anniversary! Our activities and events include:
- Annual face-to-face workshops held in the fall and spring
- Coordination of the BC Innovation Awards in Educational Technology and showcase of innovation in BC postsecondary
- Online discussions and events on topics of interest to members
- Institutional updates
- Publication of The ETUG News, a monthly community update
- Networking on Twitter @etug
The Steering Committee for the Educational Technology Users Group (SCETUG) is responsible for organizing activities for ETUG.
Our activities are funded by the BC Ministry of Advanced Education, Innovation and Technology and supported by BCcampus.