The Educational Technology Users Group (ETUG) is a community of BC post-secondary educators focused on the ways in which learning and teaching can be enhanced through technology. Our community is diverse and members include:
- post-secondary professional staff (e.g. instructional designers, media developers, technical support)
- post-secondary faculty and instructors
- academic and technology administrators
We are affiliated with our educational colleagues in other sectors and welcome dialogue with the vendor community.
Our mission is to support and nurture a vibrant, innovative, evolving, and supportive community that thrives with the collegial sharing of ideas, resources, and ongoing professional development through face-to-face workshops and online activities.
As a grassroots group, ETUG has been in existence since 1994. In 2014, we proudly celebrated our 20th anniversary! Our ongoing activities and events include:
- Annual face-to-face workshops held in the fall and spring
- Online discussions and events on topics of interest to members through TELL lunch and learn webinars and most recently through the 12appsofchristmas.ca microlearning event.
- Institutional reports and updates
- Publication of The ETUG News, a monthly community update
- Networking on Twitter @etug
- Networking on our new etug Slack community
The Stewardship Committee for the Educational Technology Users Group (SCETUG) (formerly “Steering Committee”) is responsible for organizing activities for ETUG.
Our activities are supported by BCcampus Learning and Teaching.