The Educational Technology Users Group (ETUG) is a community of BC post-secondary educators focused on the ways in which learning and teaching can be enhanced through technology. Our community is diverse and members include:
- post-secondary professional staff (e.g. instructional designers, media developers, technical support)
- post-secondary faculty and instructors
- academic and technology administrators
We are affiliated with our educational colleagues in other sectors and welcome dialogue with the vendor community.
Our mission is to support and nurture a vibrant, innovative, evolving, and supportive community that thrives with the collegial sharing of ideas, resources, and ongoing professional development through face-to-face workshops and online activities.
- Annual face-to-face workshops held in the fall and spring
- Online discussions and events on topics of interest to members through TELL lunch and learn webinars and most recently through the 12appsofchristmas.ca microlearning event.
- Institutional reports and updates
- Publication of The ETUG News, a monthly community update
- Networking on Twitter @etug
The Stewardship Committee for the Educational Technology Users Group (SCETUG) (formerly “Steering Committee”) is responsible for organizing activities for ETUG.
Our activities are supported by BCcampus Learning and Teaching.